“I’ll kill SM too if SM does nothing.”
A threatening message recently aespa‘S Winter emerged in an online community and caused concern amid recent knife attacks in Korea.
With frequent knife attacks and threats of attacks lately, people in Korea are on the alert wherever they go. Over the weekend of August 4-6, more than 16 threats were posted on online communities claiming they would attack people with knives.
Online alerts and threats were occurring so frequently that the popular online community In DC came under fire for being too anonymous and allowing criminals to issue these warnings – whether they carried out the attack or not.
On August 7, another threat appeared on the “Female Celebrities” board on DC Inside. It was a text threatening to kill Aespa’s Winter and had the title, “I’m going to stab and kill Winter who sets off on the 8th of Aespa.”
Aespa members carinaWinter, GiselleAnd Ningning He had planned to go to the United States on August 8 to attend the popular music festival. 2023 Outer Lands.
The original post was deleted, but that didn’t stop netizens from quickly spreading it to other online communities. Some netizens reported the post directly to the police.
Aespa eventually made it to the United States via Incheon Airport on August 8, and there were about ten police officers stationed at the airport due to the threat.
Security directed Winter and the aespa members to the boarding gate and they were able to leave safely.
230808 Departure video from Incheon International Airport #winter
— DC Winter Gallery (@WINTER_DCgall) 8 August 2023
230808 Incheon Airport departure video #Winter
Safe flights to America
Hearing this, netizens reacted angrily to the person who sent this horrific threat. Some shared that the poster needed to be identified, and others claimed that she was notorious for harassing female idol group members on DC Inside.
- “Are they crazy?”
- “The world is going crazy”
- “Oh fuck, are they crazy? We have to catch and kill this crazy freak”
- “Are they crazy? Why are they like this…”
- “Ugh, if he’s still a minor… reveal his identities, please”
- “Why are people like this these days?”
- “Can they track down and capture this person? What a crazy person”
- “Catch and arrest whoever wrote this”
- “People get caught for doing this, so why does it show up more… Don’t they just watch and learn?”
- “I heard there’s a girl group freak on DC Inside; He regularly threatens not only Winter, but also fourth-generation idols with sexual harassment and murder. This time, let’s catch them and put them in jail.”
- “Wow… Now that’s possible but later that public power will be a waste… They have to be caught and beaten”
- “The punishment should be severe so that these idiots don’t do it again”
- “This is a sensitive time for us, but they are still making terrorist threats. They must be caught. Police, please do your best”
- “If this person can write this, he must have written a lot of hate comments… crazy guy”
- “DC Inside needs to be shut down at this point”
- “She’s a very famous female idol group freak. Agencies, what are you doing?”
- “F*ck. Protect our Minjeong. fuck it fuck it”
- “How can they say they’re going to kill someone so easily? The world is so scary these daysㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ”
- “Reveal your identities.”
Some fans voiced their demands. SM Entertainment To do something about this issue.
- “What a waste of resources. They have to catch the person and impose a harsh fine for compensation.”
- “How scary his name must be on a death threat… Crazy b@stards.”
- “Are they crazy? Fuck it.”
- “SM needs to sue.”
- “What’s wrong with that?”
- “I want to kill them all. If SM doesn’t do something, I’ll kill SM too.”
- “Please come to your senses and live your life, you forgotten b@stards.”
- “Min Jung… ㅠㅠ”
It has not been confirmed whether Winter was aware of the warning, but it was a relief for all that he left for the United States unharmed.
share this post
#Anonymous #Post #Threats #Stab #Kill #Aespas #Winter #Concern #Knife #Attacks #Korea